Friday, June 18, 2010

Slow and Steady Tortoise

What a week! Like life in general, my week has not gone as planned. I was ready to jump back into some serious working out on Wednesday and then I got the blues. I could seem to snap out of it so instead I stayed home. I fell asleep on the couch and was woken up by Cocomo (one of the greys) yelling "CO-CO-MO" at the top of his lungs. I will admit it made me smile.

I decided the whole day shouldn't go to waste so I cleaned the kitchen. Scott and I had made quite the mess the day before and I had tried really hard to ignore it. I even cleaned out the fridge and wiped down the shelves. This inspired me to try and eat healthier (although I wouldn't call myself a bad eater) and so I made a grocery list. I should be honest and admit that I skipped dog training class which I still feel guilty about and I didn't go to the bird store to pick up more bird food. I had barely enough left to feed everyone in the morning. :( Not a very good steward to my charges.

After that was done I tried to do laundry and got bored with that...then I said "the hell with it" and went to bed. I proceeded to toss and turn for most of the night. I woke up cranky and still feeling blue which lasted most of the day. I was so hoping to squeeze in a bike ride to hopefully erase the blues and to redeem myself with my training schedule, but work was too busy. Ugh!

The hightlight was Scott coming home. He had been away in the Owyhee's doing and exercise with the Guard. You know you found your soul mate when your mind won't stop racing but just the sigh of your love and you find some peace. Scott brings me peace. He also reads me very well and could tell I wasn't very happy. He then proceeds to make it his mission to make me laugh or smile. He usually succeeds. We spent the afternoon finally getting that bird food (did I mention how much I love the smell of the bird food) and grocery shopping. A little fun fact about Scott and I, we love grocery shopping together. We just mesh so well and can read each other's minds that it just makes the whole process fun and easy.

We came home and I proceeded to make Scott this grilled romaine salad that I had learned to make at the cooking class on Tuesday. YUM! Its so good!!!

One episode of Bones later, we were snuggled in bed together wondering why we ever have to spend time apart. We are pathetically in love and plan to be so umpteen years from now.

Anyway. I was up at 6 am this morning back on the horse. I decided to take Sydney running with me because who better than your soul mate. (Yes I know Scott is my soul mate too! But Sydney...well there are really no words to describe what she is to me. She is my guide in life and she does her job very well) Sydney couldn't contain herself this morning when she realized that she was going too. If you know cattle dogs then you might be able to picture it. Lots of jumping and fake growling. Although once we were on the trail I could tell she was annoyed that I kept making her heel and she completely insulted me by barely trotting next to me while I was running!!! I am going to blame it on the fact that I only have 2 feet while she gets 4. I took a picture of her all wide-eyed and bushy tailed and then there's me barely able to keep my eyes open.














The run was ok. My legs feel tight and I just don't feel strong. I think I need to make more time for my weight lifting class and keep up with my yoga. Hopefully that will loosen the legs up a bit. I also just need to run more. My right hip is bothering me. I am convinced its my sciatica coming back to haunt me in a different place. A woman at my salon recommended a chiropractor...I need to find the number.

Well tomorrow is hopefully a bike ride at 6 am then off to the REI Garage Sale and then some dog training. I am trying to keep things slow and steady. No rest for the weary!

No comments: