Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday Madness

Monday was crazy! I had this fantastical idea of getting up at 6 am to go out on a bike ride and yet when the alarm went off at 5:45 am I decided that continuing with my dream ride was such a better idea. Not a good start to my journey of being a triathlete, but there are obstacles to every journey. To make up for my lack of better judgement I decided to hit the day hard.

At my lunch hour I took Sydney and Luna for a dog walk around the neighborhood (about 25 minutes) and then right at 5 pm sharp I hit the greenbelt with Scott. I felt so good! I was screaming down the belt leaving Scott in the dust. In his defense, he was riding his mountain bike. Even so..it was a great ride and I feel really strong on the bike.

But the day wasn't over yet! I jumped back in the car and headed to the gym!! I barely made it in time to slip into my BodyFlow class. Its a fusion between tai chi, yoga and pilates. Love my BodyFlow classes. I was feeling so good from the bike ride that I stretched myself to the limit...literally.

So 6 am rolls around this morning and I was supposed to be on the greenbelt running with Gretchen, but no...I could barely move. I bailed. Still feeling the guilt from that one.

Today was an incredibly busy day at work so I was unable to squeeze in my walk and I had plans after work. Getting a workout in every day is going to be tough, if not impossible.

On a high note I have been doing some research on our local YMCA. They have incredible programs and offer tri training specifically. They also sponsor a Y Tri Triathlon in early August. Its the perfect race to start with..1/4 mile swim, 6 mile ride and a 2 mile run. I can do that!!!

Now I just have to fund all these activities. Hobbies sure can get expensive!

No comments: