Friday, October 29, 2010

Ingrid Rocks!

"I just want to be ok, be ok, be ok. I just want to be ok today..." This was one of the last songs I heard when I went to see Ingrid Michaelson at the Knitting Factory this Friday night. Can I just say Ingrid rocks! I am not a frequent concert goer but when one of my favorite artists comes to play in a small venue you have to go.

Ingrid is just super fun and unpretentious on stage. She told a very funny story of Leanne Rimes tweeting her about her music and made up a silly song about famous people noticing her. The whole night was her just being goofy and very real on stage. She played a very interesting version of "Toxic" by Brittany Spears that just made it a different song completely.

I am not a music connoisseur like some people but I have an idea or two about what makes good music. I love music that has good lyrics and a catchy beat. Some could argue about a whole lotta music that may seem to fit that criteria that doesn't but I am not here to debate music, rather to share some music that is interesting, at least to me.

What is your favorite singer or concert memory?

Without further ado here is a sampling of some music by Ingrid Michaelson:

No comments: