Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I need a vacation!!!!!

I haven't been on a real vacation since 2008!  I almost want to cry thinking about that fact.  Sure I have traveled but for work or weddings, but never just me and Scott going to a place we want to visit with absolutely no agenda.  No wonder I feel so exhausted and frazzled about life right now.  No matter how hard I try I cannot seem to recharge my batteries.  And I keep getting slower and slower until I am just going to give out. (or at least it feels that way)

I would give anything to sit on a beach or in a forest where my day can be comprised of sleeping in, eating yummy food, reading, maybe some walking or hiking and a long hot bath to cap off the day.  Repeat for 5 -7 days and I just might start to feel like myself again.

Although I love my life and I am excited for some of the big changes ahead; I also feel trapped by all my responsibilities.  How does one strike that perfect balance of living a full life but not so full so that you feel you cannot getaway?  I feel that maybe my balance is off.

My last real vacation was my honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.  It was two weeks at the Rose Resort and it was wonderful.  We slept in every morning and spent the day at the pool and then walked along the beach.  There was no plan.  Just fun in the moment.  If feels like it almost happened in another lifetime.

I am hoping that maybe Scott and I can whip something together, but I am not holding my breath.  Life is super busy and crazy and I just don't see how we could fit it all in, but I suppose that's not being very positive about life.  Fingers are crossed.

Honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas 2008

3 comments:

DarcC said...

I hear you loud and clear! I am currently having a one week "staycation", trying to get things done around here, and of course still dealing with work work. Ugh.

Hang in there!

Nicole said...

Hang in there yourself DarcC! I hope at the very least you can do some fun relaxing things like reading, hot baths, lots of wine? I totally understand the "staycation" but not sure it helps to recharge those batteries. I know I would end up working on hour projects!

Hang in there yourself!

Little Wren said...

With the economy and the little hobby farm we have going here I'm afraid a "staycation" is in my future too. :( I totally know where you're coming from though. My last real vacation was 6 years ago. :( *sigh* Someday though, right?